Quick Setup for your Windows computer
Install Print Services for UNIX:
This installs the software necessary for sending LPR jobs to LPD queues
- Open the Control Panel
- Open Add/Remove Programs
- Click the Add/Remove Windows Components button.
- Select Print Services for UNIX from the Other Network File and Print
Add a new printer:
This is pretty much like you'd expect, a couple tips:
- Use "Local printer attached to this computer", not a network printer.
Don't allow PnP auto-detect.
- When prompted, create a new port to connect your printer to. Make
sure you set the port type to LPR -- do not use Standard TCP/IP. If you
don't see "LPR Port" then you need to install Print Services for UNIX (see
- Type the name or IP address of your NeXT computer, and the name of the
- When the list of printers is shown click Have Disk, then browse to the
NeXT.inf included with this package
- You may get a warning about digital signatures, which is fine. There
are no plans to get this package signed.
End of Quick Setup for your Windows Computer
- Josh Moyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>,